Knowing some basic guitar theory can be very helpful. In particular – how scales and chords actually work on the guitar.
I suggest you start at the beginning and work your way through these guitar theory lessons to keep everything in context.
Guitar Theory Articles:
- What Is Guitar Theory? – Let’s first get a basic understanding of what guitar theory involves. (A must-read.)
- Guitar Theory Overview – A different perspective of guitar theory that may help you with focus and direction
- Basic Guitar Theory – what is guitar theory and why is it important?
- The Major Scale Big Picture – the major scale is the source of everything music. Why scales and chords are the same thing and how to integrate the puzzle pieces for a powerful learning advantage. This concept is like having a big treasure map to explore with lots of treasure to loot and pillage.
- Major Scale Construction – shows how to construct the major scale on the fingerboard. Includes 6 free play along backing tracks
- Intervals for Scales & Chords – an overview of intervals. What they are. We’ll explore intervals in more detail when we start looking at guitar chords.
- Guitar Chord Construction – where do chords come from?
More to come…
If you’d like a step-by-step simplified version of Guitar Theory subscribe to my ‘Guitar Theory’ eMail course. It’s FREE!
Get JB's Guitar Theory eCourse - it's FREE!
Helpful play guitar stuff you'll love! Spam Free, I promise.